Myths Associated with the Toyota Prius_copy
Keep Your Hybrid Running
Keep Your Hybrid Vehicle Running
You’ve decided to invest a good chunk of change into a hybrid vehicle in hopes that you will save money in the long run. Fuel consumption, engine wear, and environmental impact are all areas where a hybrid vehicle is supposed to show improvement. So what could possibly go wrong?
Just like gas engine powered vehicles, hybrid vehicles are subject to breakdowns. Here at Maxat Hybrid Repair, our goal is to not only fix common maintenance issues at a much lower price than competitors but also to educate our customers about the important issues so that they can fully understand the work being done on their vehicle.
With these goals in mind, here is a shortlist of tips to keep your Hybrid Vehicle running for the long run:
1. Change Your Oil and Filters
Hybrid vehicle owners should not neglect the standard practice of oil and filter changes. Similar to regular gas engine cars, hybrid cars require the changing of air filters and oil. These changes are not required as frequently, but should not be forgotten. Often, the hybrid car only needs to get an oil change every 5,000 to 10,000 miles. Air filters for hybrid cars should be replaced about every 40,000 miles
2. Get your Hybrid Vehicle Serviced by a Hybrid Expert
Hybrid Vehicles vary from regular gas engine vehicles and you should always consider a specialty shop over a standard auto shop. Maxat Hybrid Repair specializes in the maintenance and repair of hybrid cars, from routine maintenance to replacing your hybrid battery. Our team of experts has you covered at a fraction of the repair cost found at other shops.
3. Safety is the Most Important Thing to Keep in Mind
When certain lights attempt to alert you of car troubles, do not ignore these as a common issue. Sometimes, a small issue at the beginning can turn in to a big problem down the road. The lights are there to keep you safe and by ignoring these lights, you could be putting your life in danger. Safety is important and car maintenance should not distract you from this fact.
4. Get in to a Maintenance Routine with Your Hybrid Vehicle
So as not to forget simple maintenance, calculate how many miles you are driving over a month, and set calendar reminders on your phone for particular mileage checkpoints. Setting a reminder at least a week out should give you plenty of time to set an appointment or clear your schedule.
5. Don’t toss your old battery! Consider maintenance and repair instead
One of the biggest maintenance expenses with hybrid vehicles is battery replacement. Too often, vehicle owners throw away their battery at the first sign of trouble. Save yourself some money by checking out alternate means of battery replacement via repair or refurbished batteries.
As always, remember to keep Maxat Hybrid Repair in mind when considering your hybrid vehicle maintenance and repair solutions. Our team of experts is sure to perform the necessary work at a lower rate than the competitors. Our goal is to keep you happy as a customer and keep your hybrid vehicle on the road!
- Maxat | Vlog | Eps 1 | Porsche
- How to Change Your Toyota Prius Battery
- Myths Associated with the Toyota Prius
- Fuel Injector Service
- Keep Your Hybrid Running
- Common Maintenance Issues for Hybrid Cars
- Toyota Prius P3030 or P3009 Trouble Codes
- Choosing a Car Repair Shop
- Four-Stroke Engines – What is Wrong?
- How Does a Diesel Engine Work?
- Diagnose Automatic Transmission Problems
- Does Your Power or Cooler Assembly Need Replacing?
- Car Paint Defects and Weather Effects on Your Car
- DIY: Replace Your Tire
- Delta Romeo recalls more than 1 million for seatbelt problem